Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Baby and Late Fathers Day wishes!

Happy 1st Birthday Sofie and Happy Father's day to all the great dads in our lives!!! We sort of missed the boat on Fathers day because Scott was at Boy Scout Camp. It was a crazy week without him and we are soooooo glad to have him back! Although he loved spending a week with the 12 year old boys (maybe loved is a little strong) from our ward, I think he's also glad to be home again. We feel so blessed to have him as a wonderful husband and a great father I can't say enough about how he loves our kiddos ( I called them kiddos the other day and Olivia said "I'm not a kiddo, I'm a princess!). I am so grateful for my own wonderful father who taught me the Gospel and was infinitely patient with me--I still test him sometimes! Scott's Dads have been a wonderfully important part of our lives and have impacted his and our lives in so many ways. We are so grateful that our children have fabulous grandpa's--what a blessing!!!

Sofie had her first birthday--cannot believe that she is a year old. She's a sweetie, and this girl is our climber--Yikes! When I was trying to figure out what to get her I decided that the things she likes to play with the most are Olivia's purses and telephones. So, I bought this cute baby Dora backpack with big fake lipstick, bracelet, money etc. Needless to say Olivia snagged every bit of it as Sofie opened it and we had to have a little talk about the fact that these are Sofie's new toys. She did hide the lipstick and the bracelet after the talk! Tomas also caught Olivia licking, yes licking the birthday cake when we had all left the kitchen!! Tomas wondered if we let him get cake all over himself on his first birthday. We gave him the cake but he didn't like to get dirty so he basically waited until I fed it to him. My sweet Tomas who still loves to be taken care of!!!
The chunky monkey chowed down on the cake!!

No comments: