So there was this waterslide at the pool and T. who is still pretty scared about swimming was going to have no part of it. On the other hand O. was ready to go down the minute she saw it. T. was not going to be shown up by his little sis. so he went down with Scott and this is him at the end of the slide--he's such a crack-up. You can see why I have never had to worry about T. being a dare devil!

S. also loved the water, I think that the two girls will be swimming in no time. O. and T. were supposed to take lessons this summer (T.'s third time), but we decided to vacation instead.

After the reunion we spent the night in Salt Lake and then hit the road for South Dakota. You all remember our road trip adventures from last year, so you can imagine that it was with great trepidation that we loaded those babies in the car! To our great surprise...they were FABULOUS!! No screaming, no puking, no crying....no kidding! It was nothing short of a miracle. We stayed one night in Ogallala NE don't you love the name. The hotel was not great BUT the convenience store at the gas station was the cleanest, I mean the CLEANEST convenience store I have ever laid eyes on. Everything on the shelves was neat and orderly, it smelled of pine sol and the guy that worked there was friendly and knew how to make change! I told Scott that if we go through there again I may stay at the gas station instead of the hotel! We drove through Nebraska when we went to Kansas a few years ago and I like it, it's a pretty state. Wyoming....not so much!
We saw a LOT of this! In fact this is my sister's backyard.


So South Dakota was a whole different adventure corn fields, corn fields and more corn fields. Not much civilization even Sioux Falls was a little different. I think we all agree that Kansas was much better. Kansas City had that sort of midwest hospitality and was really just a small city. Sioux Falls is just.... I don't even know how to describe it, but not great. But we had a super great time. It was so fun to hang out with my sis and her family again. We really miss them so much... it was like old times. We had fun going to a few small towns to watch Korb play baseball--it is his life after all. Sioux Falls is good for him because he gets to play baseball all Spring and Summer. We stayed for two gloriuos weeks and then we headed back home via Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone.
Mount Rushmore was AMAZING. You have to see it in person! We got rained on all the way through the canyon it stopped long enough for us to spend a little while walking around the mounument--there are more things we want to do next time--then when we were in the gift shop it started to pour rain!
We drove to Buffalo Wy. stayed at a nice hotel--Tomas puked on the floor of the nice hotel, I was mortified, it was a long night! Long story that I won't get into, 24 hour flu bug went through the fam. Left Buffalo the next day and headed for Yellowstone it was a beautiful drive. As soon as we hit a little town called Dayton (cute tiny town) we started into the mountains it the drive was absolutely beautiful. We didn't hit Yellowstone until about 3PM so we didn't have a ton of time, but we didn't rush. We went to Old Faithful and saw it erupt... COOL! We didn't see tons of animals, but we saw some deer and elk. We hope to go back next year and take more time.
We stayed the night in Rexburg ID...I know those of you who have known me forever are laughing. I have not been to Rexburg since I finished one year of college there and thought I would never go back. No, I will not go into the details of the story!!! It has grown like crazy and the temple on the hill is just spectacular. We came into town after dark and you could see the temple for miles around. Honestly, I did not even recognize the town or the campus!
Anyway, back to SLC and then home!! It was such fun, but it's nice to be home. Scott got the bug today so hopefully we'll all be healthy for the next round. I can't believe school starts in just a few more weeks. Hope you're all having a fabulous summer!!
1 comment:
Tonya! Are you kidding me? You were so close and you didn't even give me a chance to meet you somewhere! I would have even made a trip to Rexburg. (It's okay to go back to Rexburg you were kicked out of Ricks not Rexburg!) In fact I was in SLC last Wed-Fri for my nieces wedding! So close yet so far away. Sounds like you had a great and long trip.
Post a Comment