Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We saw Santa!


The yearly visit to Santa has been completed with no crying, YAY!! S. was not completely convinced that she wanted to hang out with Santa, she did tell him what she wanted for Christmas, but she was NOT going to sit on his lap. On our way out to the car she started saying she wanted a present and I tried to explain that she would get a present on Christmas. She kept asking for her present and I kept saying not tonight. By the time we got to the car she was getting really irritated about not getting a present so I told her that the little coloring book that Santa gave her was a present and she would get her other presents on Christmas day. She then threw the coloring book and started yelling "THIS IS NOT A PRESENT!" It was another one of those moments where Scott and I look at each other and shake our heads. We have many of those momentes with S.

We had a great Thanksgiving. We had dinner at home with just the 5 of us--it was nice and sort of relaxing! We thought we would leisurely pack up and get ready to leave town Friday morning, but it was another one of those days that just flew by too quickly. We did leave town on Friday a little later than planned, but what's new! Went to visit family in Escalante UT it was so fun to hang out and chat! The kiddos had a blast with their cousins. T. had been watching the weather forecast for several days before we left and was very hopefully that it would be cold enough for snow. He got his wish, on Saturday evening it started snowing and he was in HOG heaven. The girls thought it was great for about 3 minutes and then it was too cold. It wouldn't be a vacation without someone getting sick. O. started complaining of a tummy ache about 6 Saturday evening I knew she was really tired so I thought maybe it was just over tiredness, so about 8 I took her back to the hotel and put her to bed. She fell asleep pretty quickly but woke up a couple hours later crying about her tummy hurting and saying she was going to puke. She finally did and I hoped that was the end of it, but she kept waking up crying that her tummy hurt. Being the paranoid mom that I am I was getting a little panicked especially knowing that we were at least 2 hours from a doctor! Long story short, she finally fell asleep around 3am and slept until 9am. I missed church, which is why we came to hear our nephew speak in church before leaving for his mission.... TODAY! But I heard he did a great job and we're so excited for him and hope he has a wonderful experience! Anyway, no more puking but she had a tummy ache until about 4pm on Sunday and then it just went away. I'm starting to suspect that it was the rootbeer. She hadn't eaten much that day, but not long after she had a rootbeer float she started complaining and I remembered that the last time she had rootbeer she puked and I thought it was just because she drank it too fast. I don't think she'll be requesting rootbeer anytime soon.

Just another adventure. I'm just glad she was okay and it wasn't anything serious! T. stayed an extra day and Granny and Papa dropped him off on their way back to AZ. He really had a great time. We all had fun. I wish we all lived closer to each other; it would be nice to have all of our family close by, or at least some of our family. I'm glad we have lots of excuses to get together; it's certainly worth the travel time!!! We are so blessed to have such wonderful families!

No comments: