Christmas Eve was our fun, traditional soup and salad--I LOVE this tradition! There was a little contention about who would play Mary this year. Joseph was a no brainer. S. finally conceded to let O. play Mary and she would be the angel. Scott played the donkey, the sheep and the shepherd and let me say--he did a bang up job! We did miss Uncle Scott playing the donkey because he does it so well (hee, hee--we love you Uncle Scott!!!) Of course I forgot to grab the camera because I was busy moving the cast around to their places and trying to keep the angel happy---which is a bit of a task--maybe S. playing an angel is a bit of an oxymoron...hmmm hadn't thought about that until just now.
Santa's elves were busy on Christmas Eve. I broke it to the two male elves gently that the dollhouse that I had bought the girls required quite a bit of assembly and then I snuck off into the other room to wrap the remaining gifts!!! The kids fell asleep initially and then were awake most of the night--I have no idea what happened but every time I checked on them someone was awake. Finally I just went to bed. The good news is that they didn't get up until 8ish which made me pleased as punch.
Everyone got just what they wanted---MIRACLE! S. had her heart set on a Barbie Scooter and by some miracle this is just the one that was on sale at Toys R Us--Santa must have been there on black Friday which is a whole other story! O. got a "hairdo doll" I don't know what it's called but I had one when I was a kid and she loved it, but I think she was most thrilled about the dollhouse that she and S. got. T. got a TV for his room---much better than an electric scooter--well that's my opinion. But seriously he was thrilled.
Now on to the new year and lots of changes! Scott has officially taken office although he won't be sworn in until February 7th. Between his regular job, his UNLV job, his coaching job and now his legislative job he's spread a little thin. Me...well just the same old stuff wondering if I will ever get organized or if I will always feel like I'm running in circles. I feel so blessed to have such a great husband who is willing to work so hard for very little pay but makes such a huge difference in the lives of kids and now hopefully he'll have a positive impact on our state. He spends any time he has with the kids and tries to take them with him as often as he can. My kids are awesome---they each have such unique gifts and talents and they're all at an age where they enjoy playing together. T. is such a good sport to think of games his sisters can play with him--he's been coaching them through Monopoly and balloon volleyball lately--It thrills me to see how much they love each other. Oh yes, we do have our fair share of fighting and hurt feelings but that comes with the territory. Our extended family is AWESOME--we are just so blessed and are looking forward to lots of new adventures in 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment