Friday, May 23, 2008

We're not in Kansas any more!


Nope they're not in Kansas any more--they've moved from the great state of Kansas to the hip and happening state of South Dakota. Tomas had an absolute blast visiting his cousins--he has become quite the comedian. Tomas has recently become quite the goofball. I guess he had the Bishop is stitches at the father's and sons with his made up jokes that are hysterical because nobody gets the joke!! He had Nana and Poppi falling out of their seats at the airport when they gave him the phone to call and let Aunt May know that they had arrived at the airport in South Dakota. The phone went to voice mail and Tomas' message was not his normal little " hi May it's Tomas we're at the airport. Oh no in an authoritative voice his message was something like "attention star command the red leader has landed and they're holding us in our seats..... "He won't tell me the exact words but I guess it was pretty funny.


They had a wonderful experience at the Winter Quarters--I wish we could have been there. I am so proud of Kam--what a good boy!




Every time Olivia sees a picture of Uncle Scott she starts laughing and says "Uncle Scott is so funny!" She's got his number. Nana was worried about Tomas getting homesick being gone for so long which he was not AT ALL! Instead he was in tears the day after he got home because he missed his cousins. The pictures are totally out of order but he also had a blast at the falls and the museum. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Nana and Poppi for taking Tomas and thank you May, Scott , Koko and Kaka for making it such fun and taking such good care of my baby boy! Olivia was like a lost little puppy without Tomas. Scott was gone for a few days as well and my sweet little Olivia was stuck to me like glue--she literally would not leave my side!


Here's the latest Olivia story. There is constantly a good story with that one. So, I got my haircut--whole other story and now she can see my earrings. So, the girly girl jewelry fanatic says "Mommy I like your earrings can I wear them?" So I tell her that she doesn't have her ears pierced (my philosophy on little girls getting their ears pierced is that they can have them pierced when they're old enough to ask--I'm thinking 9 or 10) does she want them pierced, of course her answer is yes. So I say you have to ask Daddy not that he would object but I know it kind of freaks him out when he sees babies with earrings. The thing about 3 year olds is that they often forget what they wanted, which is great so I thought she'd forget. Oh no the minute he walked in the door she said daddy I want earrings. I laughed!! So his response of course was let me talk to mommy ANYWAY, days later he calls her from his trip and says "do you want daddy to buy you a gift" Olivia "yes" Scott "what do you want me to buy you?" Olivia "Earrings!" She' s like a dog with a bone---so she may have her ears pierced before she's 9 or 10. I'm just afraid she'll try and take them out herself because she takes EVERYTHING apart including her hair stuff which does not stay in her hair for more than an hour!!

1 comment:

Scott and Tonya said...

Okay, so it wasn't the Far West Temple (no Temple there yet), Winter Quarters Temple. At least I chose a church history site!