Monday, June 8, 2009

June already!

I feel like I have lost about 2 months of my life! Poor T. had this ridiculous cough for 2 months! I took him to the doctor 3 times. He is tons better but he still coughs when he exercises and when he wakes up in the morning. What was supposed to be allergies, he gave to me and I have had it for about 4 weeks now. It is the craziest cough I have ever had. I hardly slept a wink for about 2 weeks because I was literally coughing all night long! Anyway, I have been so stressed out about Tomas and trying not to get the girls sick and trying to get him through the end of school that time has just slipped by.

Our Bishop was released a couple of weeks ago so Scott was released from the Bishopric. It came as a bit of a surprise and really caught him off guard. He really enjoyed, learned a lot, and had some really great experiences. But the great thing about the church is that we get to work in lots of different positions, each is unique, full of blessings and challenges. So, he and I were called as the Committee chairs for Youth Conference. Boy do we feel like we are in WAY over our heads. The kicker is that Youth Conference is at the end of August so planning a great event where the kids feel like they have had a spiritual experience, learned something new, made new friends and had a ton of fun in 3 short months is CRAZY!!!! I'm trying to just put my nose to the grindstone, do what I can and pray A LOT!

We had a fun activity a couple weeks ago. Our Primary planned an activity where we all went to the Temple with our families. They had some of the men in our ward prepare and give family tours around the temple, they had us dress in church clothes and they had a guy in our ward who is a photographer take family pictures. At the end they gave us a little package of homemade cookies and a family home evening packet about Temples. It was such a simple activity but the kids LOVED it!

S. refused to stay in the picture!

No comments: