Friday, October 24, 2008

Must have trials! Count your blessings anyway!

Good Grief--where does the time go?? You're not going to believe this one. In fact I'm still in shock. So, last Saturday Scott had a couple of appointments with people in our ward(church not psychiatric!) About 45 minutes after he left he calls me and says "you're not going to believe this." Oh yes, I believe almost all craziness these days. "I was here for 15 minutes and someone stole my car!" Yes, that prized possession that I just complained about 2 weeks ago on this very blog, that little punk car that I have never loved but sunk a chunk of hard earned money into. That car is bad luck, I tell you bad luck! Here's the kicker, about 2 months ago we changed insurance because we were paying way too much so we switched, took all but the minimal coverage off that11 year old jurassic park, blue beauty. So, you know what that means, no car, no rental car, no reimbursement (heck I would have taken a couple hundred over nothing!) Anyway, hopefully we'll get it back, but it could be in a million tiny pieces right now. Can you believe it? Surprisingly, I've been pretty mellow about the whole thing, I figure it could be a lot worse. Everybody's healthy, at least it wasn't a terrible accident that took that punk car out of commission. There are a lot worse things, but I still hope they find those hoodlems and put 'em in the slammer!

Life goes on! Halloween is just a short week away. I have had really bad luck finding a cute costume for S., so she may wear Tomas' elephant costume. It's really cute, but a little big. I thought about putting a McCain/Palin button on her, but I guess that may be going a little far, maybe just a flag in her trunk. Subtle!

Talk about time flying....I started this post like 5 days ago and I'm going to post it tonight so just ignore the date it's actually the 29th now. ANYWAY they found the car today! A very nice guy called me and said "are you missing a blue honda civic" oh yes let it be in one piece I thought. He proceeded to tell me that it had been parked in front of his house for like 4 days and he finally figured it was stolen. After he went out and took a good look, he knew! The police called about an hour later and I had to go id it. It wasn't okay 4 slashed tires, the little punks jumped on the roof and caved it in, tore the ignition to shreds and put a few dents in it. The worst part about it is that they'll get away with it. I have friends who are police officers and they feel bad that there is just so much crime and sooooo many stolen cars here that unless they catch them with the car, they get away with it. We have such nice neighbors who went with Scott to check it out and try to tow it. The verdict---donate to charity! Well there is a little bit of a bright side, Scott got his church bag back, they rifled through it looking for cash but left it in the car it had lots of stuff he really wanted back, they were nice enough (sarcasm) to put the car seat in the trunk, and they left the university parking pass in tact which is probably worth more than the car! Well, at least I'm not on pins and needles about it anymore. So, were off to find a new reliable economy car!!

I have more to write but no more time. Despite the car theft, there is loads of fun and happiness in our lives. We are so very very blessed. Here's a hint of things to come!

DARLING! No, no I did not make this cutie, but I will be taking that box and eating every last kernel of white chocolate popcorn. Probably right now!

Cutie, cuties! They had such a ball with this little house! More about that later.I can't help it--I have a lot to say! So thankful for these sweetie pies and the one not pictured who is dying to tear that house to bits! I just love 'em!

2 comments:

The Morris Family said...

OMG...about your car! That is so, good you remained calm. I would of been a wreck! I love the gingerbread house. How fun for the kids!

Ferrill said...

Wow! I can't believe your car got stolen! And right after you poured some money into it, no less.

How was your Halloween?