was a little crazy. The kiddos were so excited! I found out last Tuesday that my Uncle Dale passed away. He was a great man who lived a full life. I just loved he and my Aunt Eunice and they're wonderful children and grandchildren. They were our only family in California so we spend ALL of the holidays and family events, dinners and lots of great times together. What does this have to do with halloween? The funeral was Saturday and we had Friday off of school. We decided that we wanted to be at the funeral. So, with much hesitation (fear!) we loaded those babies into the van and set out for Utah.
Do these look like kids who are excited about hitting the road??
It only took us an hour to get from our house to the freeway(less than a mile). I'll skip the detailed travel log! Here's the summary T.-Happy, O.-once we hit the freeway--Happy, S.--after the first 3 hours and a ring pop--semi-angry! I knew that if we did not make it to trick or treat my kiddos would never forgive me. Somehow, we made it and they had fun trick or treating with their cousins. They had a ball at Aunt Paula's house playing with the kids, in fact they were very upset that we only got to stay for such a short time. On the way home, they were all HAPPY! It was a miracle.
The funeral was very touching and Uncle Dale will be greatly missed. There is great comfort in knowing that his suffering has passed and that someday he will be reunited with his fabulous family! We love you Uncle Dale, Aunt Eunice and all the rest of your awesome family!
Well, as usual more to say but out of time! I'll get to it all eventually--maybe when my kids are in college!
No comments:
Post a Comment