Friday, November 28, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Isn't Thanksgiving a great holiday and what a perfect entry into the Christmas season. We had a really good day. The Turkey, well.....it wasn't perfect! It was good but I lost track of time at the end and he overcooked by just maybe 20minutes. Everything was really good though and the turkey wasn't dried out, just not perfectly moist. My personal cooking success of the day was the cranberry sauce. So silly, right? Well, I have never in my life eaten cranberry sauce, my memories are all of that big lump from the can and I could not bear to even try it. Scott had once told me that he made fresh cranberry sauce and it was really good, and on a whim I decided to give it a whirl. I found a recipe that called for pure maple syrup instead of sugar, and I have no clue if that was the secret, but it was absolutely YUMMY! I always wondered how cranberry sauce really fit into the whole Thanksgiving meal, but now I get it!! So, overall I would say that the dinner was a success and I have many mental notes for next year! We had a great visit with our good friends Allison and Austin--it was loads of fun to have them for the big feast. We missed their cute kidlets who were with their mom this year. We have so much to be thankful for. L. has been asking us all week "what are you thankful for?" She always says that she is thankful for her family--it's very sweet. In the mayhem of food prep. and the relief of finally sitting down to dinner, I totally forgot to take pictures. However, I did get a picture at the very end of the day when we all sat down to watch Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving--I do love Charlie Brown. O. wasn't sure she really wanted to watch it because she didn't know who Charlie Brown was, but we talked her into it, and she was a riot. When it got to the part where Snoopy is boxing with the lawn chair, she was laughing so hard that she nearly fell off the sofa... the rest of us were laughing at her--she was so dang funny. Now she LOVES Charlie Brown, well she really loves snoopy and woodstock!



The next post is going to be all about those who I am most grateful for....my little ones and my cool hubby! And on to Christmas we GO!!!!

No comments: