Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This is the tree after the kids decorated it on their own.



Well, it's that time of year when I get to shamelessly brag about how wonderful my children are and write about all the amazing things we've accomplished this year! Aren't Christmas letters a hoot! This year I decided that instead of guilting my nearest and dearest into reading all that slobbering about my perfect little kiddos, I would make it optional by putting it here. So those of you who are awaiting Christmas cards (because I still haven't mailed them!) wipe your brow with relief, you can just give that baby a quick eyeballing and throw it in the pile of Christmas cards.

Big T is 9, holy cow where have those nine years gone! He is a the perfect son, and brother, he NEVER fights with his sisters, except when they sneak into his room while he's at school and steal his stuff. He almost never throws temper tantrums anymore except when he doesn't get what he wants or when he has to unload the dishwasher I mean really, who can blame him. He is absolutely a model student his school and primary teachers gush about how kind and helpful he is (thank heavens because I pray every day that he doesn't' act at school and church the way he sometimes acts at home) T. has taught me that prayers for our children are truly answered! He's doing great at school and he has figured out that even though he is reading way above grade level, if given the choice, he can choose grade level books and it will take him no time at all to read through it and write a book report lickty split with only the slightest of effort--I told you he's a smart kid! T. dabbled a little in Tae Kwon Do this year and is most proud that he can now count to ten in Korean (how's that for you Uncle Scott--maybe he's going to Korea on his mission) he is trying to decide if he wants to continue--it kind of cuts into his free time! T. continues playing Piano (like he has a choice--everything is optional except Piano) He has a new teacher who is a bit of a perfectionist--he loves her and has actually asked if he can go a live at her house (not that kind of love, he doesn't even like girls, yet) she's the youngest of 6 and the last one at home and he says that her house is so quiet--he'd like to move in! Tomas is a great kid.

O. well she's perfect too, of course! She only rarely punches her brother and yanks toys out of her sisters hands--don't mess with her and you won't have any problems! L. is a collector of sorts, she collects anything she likes, even if it belongs to someone else, including the store! If she likes something she just puts it in her pocket or in her purse and it becomes part of her collection! We have discovered that she may have a bit of a hearing problem when we ask her to do something she does not respond even if we ask over and over and over again, however if we ask her if she wants to go to the park her hearing seems to be absolutely perfect even at long distances, hmmm! L. is a singing machine, she will sing for family, friends, guests and even perfect strangers. She's got a talent and by golly she's going to share it! O. loves to tumble, climb, and jump mostly off the furniture at this point. She is a great somersaulter! O. keeps us all laughing!

Oh little S. the perfect baby--if only she'd sleep in her own bed all night long. She can give a look that kills and she sure has fun teasing her sister by swiping the toys that O. is playing with and running as fast as she can to her favorite hiding spot under the table. She sweet and quiet except for that very high pitched squeal and as long as you don't have long hair that she can pull! S. is a little chatterbox at 18months, she tries to say everything she hears....be careful what you say! S. and O. sure love their daddy that's why they take his wallet and empty everything out, try and make calls on his cell phone and fight over his chapstick! S. is truly the exclamation point to our little family.

So, like I said before, our kids are...well...PERFECTly NORMAL!!! We feel very very blessed to be a family--their is no greater blessing!!!! We are working hard to teach them the true meaning of Christmas. We are thankful for our Savior and the peace he brings to our lives!

WE WISH ALL OF YOU, OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Tonya! What a great blog. I want to sit and read all your back logs just to catch up on the last....decade! Wow, that's bad. I do think about you more often than we keep in touch. An old song, May, camping, reminds me of us at girls camp and going with your dad hiking....I am not much of a blogger. It's not that I don't want to, I just have a hard time finding the time. I am typing with one hand now while holding our 22 month old on my lap. Slow going. See one of my time issues? (Smile.) Anyway, I hope this will keep us a little more updated. For you, it will be only a little since I have next to nothing on my blog. Take Care and Merry Christmas. Love, Denise

Scott and Tonya said...

Totally miss you!!! I loved that your daughter wrote your family Christmas letter--BRILLIANT! Someday we have to have a girls weekend--it's been WAY to long!!!You're fam is so cute, hope your Christmas was wonderful.